Rajasthan Nikashya Sambal Yojana
- 17 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On 16th May, 2022, 'Rajasthan Nikshya Sambal Yojana' was launched by the State Government with the objective of getting public support to provide help and social support to the TB patients of the State.
- The scheme was launched by the State Tuberculosis Section at a meeting of the State TB Forum chaired by Dr. Prithvi, Government Secretary, Department of Medical and Health at the auditorium of Swasthya Bhavan.
- On the occasion, Government Secretary Dr. Prithvi also released the poster of 'Rajasthan Nikshya Sambal Yojana'.
- In the meeting, Dr. Prithvi appealed to all the industries, corporate institutions, public representatives, voluntary organizations, etc. of the State to cooperate in providing nutrition, employment oriented and educational support to TB patients and their families and to play their social participation in creating a TB-free state.
- Mission Director, National Health Mission, Dr. Jitendra Kumar Soni laid special emphasis on collective participation to achieve the goal of TB elimination. He also directed to check all TB patients for HIV and diabetes.
- Director, Department of Public Health, Dr. V.K. Mathur said that pre-treated patients are being identified as TB champions by the department at all the health centres in the state, who will play an important role in diagnosing the problems of TB patients.
- The TB champions will be the voice of TB patients in the community and will also help in getting the assistance being provided by the Department for nutritious food under the 'Nikashya Poshan Yojana'.