‘Chuppi Todo, Sayani Bano’ Campaign
- 17 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On May 16, 2022, Jaipur District Collector Rajan Vishal launched the second phase of the 'Chuppi Todo, Sayani Bano' campaign at Government Higher Secondary Girls' School, Gangouri Bazar.
- The district collector said that the campaign has been launched in Jaipur after Nagaur and Alwar districts.
- As part of the 'Chuppi Todo, Sayani Bano' campaign, a workshop was organized in 929 schools of the district, in which about one lakh 30 thousand adolescent girls participated. The workshop was briefed on menstrual hygiene management by the trained teachers.
- Sanitary napkins were provided free of cost to girls under the UDAN scheme of the State Government in the workshop. As part of the campaign, every girl student was provided with a booklet on menstrual hygiene management and posters and banners on the theme 'Good Touch Bad Touch' in every government school.
- As many as 3,716 girls selected from class 9th to 12th have been appointed as hygiene ambassadors in the district. These girls will also make the girl students studying in the school aware as well as the parents, public representatives, anganwadi workers, ANMs, Saathins, ASHA Sahyogini and out of school girls.
- It is worth mentioning that before the second phase of the campaign, workshops, training, public awareness programmes and other activities were organized in a phased manner at each subdivision and gram panchayat level in Jaipur district.
- In the first phase of the campaign, 2,223 teachers working in government schools were trained from 14th to 16th March.