Rajasthan MSME Act-2023 Bill Passed
- 21 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News
On March 20, 2023, Rajasthan Industries Minister Shakuntala Rawat informed that the Rajasthan Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (Facilitation of Establishment and Enforcement) (Amendment) Bill, 2023 has been passed by a voice vote in the state assembly.
- Industries Minister Shakuntala Rawat said that Act-2023 Bill, the economic, social nature of the state after the introduction of the Rajasthan MSME will change and the industrial sector will be strengthened at the national and international level.
- The Act seeks to increase the period of exemption from 3 years to 5 years for giving a boost to the economy and obtaining various approvals of the State Government. Under the MSME policy, the way has been opened to set up any inspection or NOC free industry for 5 years.
- He said that to solve any problem related to industries, a state-level one-stop shop is being operated, where top officials of 14 departments sit and solve the problems related to industries immediately.
- Shakuntala Rawat said that Rajasthan is the first unique state in the country which has come up with a new MSME and handicraft policy.
- He informed that many major schemes including Chief Minister's Incentive Scheme, Youth Industry Promotion Scheme, RIPS have been brought to set up industries.
- For the first time in the state, extensive road shows were held at the district level, so that even the smallest entrepreneurs could take advantage of the exemption given to industries.
- It is known that hotels in Rajasthan have also been given the status of industry. Recently, the MoU signed at the national and international level in Invest Rajasthan has been implemented on the ground.