Public Health Engineering Minister Lays foundation Stone of Urban Water Augmentation Scheme in Harmada
- 23 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On January 22, 2023, Rajasthan's Public Health Engineering Minister Dr. Mahesh Joshi laid the foundation stone of urban water augmentation scheme to provide Bilaspur water to Harmada and Badharna areas of Jaipur city.
- Minister of Public Health Engineering Joshi said that under the Urban Water Augmentation Scheme, two high reservoirs of 1500 kilo liters and 700 kilo liters capacity and two clean reservoirs of 1800 kilo liters and 1400 kilo liters capacity will be constructed and 143 km. long pipeline will be laid.
- On this occasion, the Public Health Engineering Minister also laid the foundation stone for the works of laying a high reservoir of 2,000kilo liters capacity and 10.6 km DI pipeline being constructed for drinking water supply at Bhatta Basti of Hawamahal Assembly constituency of Jaipur under adequate pressure. The cost of these works is Rs 8 crore 17 lakh.
- It is noteworthy that the Urban Water Augmentation Scheme is included in the budget announcement of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to provide drinking water from Bisalpur to Harmada-Badharna.
- About 60,000 people of Gayatri Nagar, Sudamapuri, Ganga Vihar, Vijay Nagar, Krishna Nagar, Shyam Nagar, OmPuri, New Karni Colony, Bhagwan Nagar, Gautam Enclave etc. of Harmada and Badharna areas will be benefited by this drinking water scheme.
- This drinking water augmentation scheme will solve the drinking water problem of five wards of Hawamahal assembly constituency in the long term and at the same time pure drinking water supply will be provided under adequate pressure in A, B, C and D blocks of Bhatta Basti, Shivaji Nagar, Rajiv Nagar, New Sanjay Nagar, Bajrang Nagar, Shaheed Indra Jyoti Nagar, Vijay Nagar etc.