Aashayein The Filling Station
- 23 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On January 22, 2023, former Union Minister of Rajasthan Bhanwar Jitendra Singh and Minister of Prisons Tikaram Jully laid the foundation stone of a petrol pump Aashayein the Filling Station' in the Central Jail Complex Alwar as part of an innovative initiative to connect the prisoners of the prison department in the state with employment and provide convenience to the common people.
- Speaking on the occasion, former Union Minister Bhanwar Jitendra Singh and Prisons Minister Tikaram Juli said that this initiative of the Prison Department will provide employment to the prisoners living in open jails with good conduct and conduct according to their qualifications. This effort will prove to be an important link in living a respectable life for the prisoner and his family and to connect with the mainstream of society.
- This petrol pump will be operated by the detainees, which will be monitored by the Prison Monitoring Committee.
- He informed that the state government is providing skill training to jail inmates through various innovations. At the same time, work is being done to connect the prisoners living in open jails in the mainstream of society through these innovations.
- Central Jail Superintendent Pradeep Lakhawat told that this petrol pump will be operated by Aashayein organization in the Central Jail premises with the help of Prisons Department and Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
- Petrol and diesel will also be made available to consumers in the first phase and CNG in the second phase. This petrol pump will be started in about one and a half to two months.
- Pradeep Lakhawat said that instead of the trees removed from the land selected for the petrol pump, many times more trees have been planted in the jail premises, which will be looked after by the jail inmates.