Professional Boxing Event in Chhattisgarh
- 22 Jun 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- According to a press release issued by the public relations department of the state government on June 21, 2022, professional boxing with an event titled 'Rumble in the Jungle' in collaboration with the Chhattisgarh government will be held for the first time in Raipur.
- The pro-boxing event will be held at Balbir Singh Juneja indoor stadium, Raipur in august, with Olympic medalist Vijender Singh's bout (headline bout) along with other international professional boxers' bouts.
- Significantly, Vijender Singh met Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on June 8 and discussed the possibilities of promoting boxing in Chhattisgarh and urged him to organize a professional boxing event in Chhattisgarh, to which the Chief Minister had agreed.
- Vijender Singh is the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic bronze medal in the year 2008. Vijender Singh, who became a professional boxer in the year 2015, has won 12 matches including 8 knockouts. 'Rumble in the Jungle' will be his sixth match in India during his professional boxing career.
- The event will be organized by Purple Got Sportion LLP.