Switch To Hindi
Prime Minister Virtually Inaugurated the 7th Global Investors Summit in Indore
- 12 Jan 2023
- 4 min read
Why In News?
- On January 11, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 7th Global Investors Summit at Brilliant Convention Centre Indore. The summit will conclude on January 12.
- President of Guyana Dr. Mohammad Irfan Ali and President of Suriname Chandrika Prasad Santokhi were also present at the Global Investors Summit.
- In his address, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that our strong macroeconomic fundamentals are capable of leading the world. Today, India is the fastest growing economy in the world. In the next four-five years, India will be the third largest economy in the world. This is not India's decade on the global stage, but India's century.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that this summit being held in Indore is truly global. While the Presidents of Suriname and Guyana have come to this summit, the Finance Minister of Mauritius, the Commerce Minister of Bangladesh, the Mineral Minister of Zimbabwe have also come to the summit. Representatives from 33 countries of the world and 431 delegates from a total of 84 countries have come.
- On the second day of the Global Investors Summit, discussions will be held with investors in 9 sessions to increase industrial investment in the state. There will be discussions on boosting exports from Madhya Pradesh. In other sessions, financial assistance for development of social infrastructure, access Madhya Pradesh complete business solution will also be discussed with investors. In another session, India, Israel, USA and UAE (12 U2 ) group shared investments will also be discussed.
- On the second day of the summit, investors will discuss Madhya Pradesh's contribution to India's $ 5 trillion economy, prospects in the field of aerospace and defense, Madhya Pradesh's contribution in accelerating manufacturing in India and possibility of better investment in Madhya Pradesh on education and skill development.
- In the special session, the favorable environment for start-ups in Madhya Pradesh will be discussed. In all these sessions, subject experts will give information about the investment friendly features of Madhya Pradesh.
- Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal, while joining the summit virtually from the US, said that Madhya Pradesh produces one-fourth of the country's organic cotton. Madhya Pradesh contributes 20% to renewable energy sector. Now work is also going on in the Green Hydrogen Mission. Madhya Pradesh is also making a mark in the field of wildlife tourism.
- Partha Mittal of JSW Group said that our group plans to invest Rs 4500 crore in the state. Under this, a cement plant is being set up in Panna and a paint unit at Pithampur at a cost of Rs 1500 crore.
- Nikhil R. Meswani of Reliance Group said that by December 2023, 5G facility will be made available in all tehsils of the state. Affordable digital facilities will benefit students, farmers and the common man. Reliance Group has so far invested Rs 22,500 crore in the state and plans to invest Rs 40,000 crore.
- Pranav Adani of Adani Group said that Adain group is going to invest Rs 60,000 crore in Madhya Pradesh, which will create a large number of employment opportunities. Food parks are being set up by the group in Dhar, Guna, Damoh, Ujjain and Indore.