Switch To Hindi
President honored Gayatri Devi Yadav with Water Warrior Category
- 06 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On March 4, 2023, at held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi the 'Swachh Sujal Shakti' Award Ceremony, President Draupadi Murmu honoured volunteer Gayatri Devi Yadav, who is playing the role of water woman in Rajasthan, with the water warrior category.
- Gayatri Devi has been honoured for her outstanding work done through rural women self-help groups to make farm ponds in Sambhar block area of Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- It is noteworthy that Gayatri Devi Yadav, along with The Gram Chetna Kendra Sanstha of Jaipur, has done excellent work for rainwater harvesting and conservation by forming 65 women self-help groups in about 68 villages of Sambhar block for the last several years and contributed significantly to making women water literate in rural areas.
- Bansi Lal Meena, member of Gram Chetna Kendra Sanstha, said that Gayatri Devi Yadav worked to help the people in spreading the schemes being run by the state government and the central government for rainwater harvesting and clean water management through women self-help groups.
- He trained the villagers to collect rainwater through farm ponds, especially in rural areas, to make it fit for drinking and farming and to do better water management.
- Gayatri Devi's important work of training rural women to get pure drinking water and other crops from the accumulated rainwater stopped the migration of families in rural areas and increased their income, giving rural women an opportunity to lead a respectable life.