Switch To Hindi
Chief Minister Increased the Amount of Assistance for Marriage Conferences
- 06 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On March 4, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has increased the grant amount to encourage mass marriage conferences to be held in the state.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that under the mass marriage scheme, now 25 thousand rupees will be given per couple. In this, the newly married woman will get a grant of 21 thousand rupees and the institution will get a grant of 4 thousand rupees. This amount will be payable to marriage conferences held from April 1, 2023.
- It is known that at present this amount is being given 15 thousand and 3 thousand rupees respectively i.e., a total of 18 thousand rupees.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has announced an increase in grants in the budget, taking important decisions towards promoting social activities like mass marriages, preventing malpractices like dowry system and reducing unnecessary expenditure 2023-24.
- A provision of Rs 10 crore has been made on behalf of the Chief Minister for the year 2023-24 as assistance. With this, a target has been set to provide mass marriage grant to about 4000 couples.
- He has agreed to give an additional assistance of Rs 10 lakh to the organizers for the participation of families of different communities, castes and religions in mass marriages. Realizing the spirit of 'unity in diversity', this amount will be given for organizing marriages of at least 25 couples. In this, there is a provision to aid of Rs 2 crore to about 20 institutions.