Switch To Hindi
On the Lines of Anganwadi Workers, Now Food Mothers will also Get Honor Money
- 25 Feb 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- According to the information received from the media on February 24, 2023, on the lines of Anganwadi workers of Uttarakhand, now preparations are on to give honorarium to the food mothers working in government schools of the state on retirement at the age of 60 years. Its proposal has been prepared by the department and sent to the government.
- A corpus fund of Rs 5 crore will be created to give honorarium to food mothers working in government schools on retirement at the age of 60 years, with the interest of which, on an average, 600 food mothers who retire every year will be given honorarium of Rs 10 to 25 thousand. Will go
- It is noteworthy that on the retirement of Anganwadi workers working under the Department of Women Empowerment and Child Development, an amount of Rs 30,000 is given from the Women's Welfare Fund, whereas on the retirement of mothers preparing mid-day meals for children in government schools. They don't get anything.
- The proposal prepared by the department to give honor money to food mothers on retirement is of two types.
- In the first proposal, it has been told that a contribution of Rs 144 should be taken from the food mothers every month or it should be deposited on behalf of the government, by doing this they will get an amount ranging from Rs 8654 to Rs 51923 after leaving the service.
- Under the second proposal, food mothers will be given an amount ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000 when they retire in 60 years.
- It is worth mentioning that in the state, food mothers are being given an honorarium of Rs 3000 every month. In this, 900 rupees are given by the central government and 2100 rupees are given by the state government.
- According to the departmental officials, a proposal has been sent to the Central Government to increase the honorarium from Rs.3000 to Rs.5000.