National Science Day - 2023
- 01 Mar 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On February 28, 2023, the Department of Science and Technology of Rajasthan organized National Science Day at the Regional Science Center and Science Park established at Shastri Nagar, Jaipur.
- On this occasion, Curator of Regional Science Center Kailash Mishra said that for the promotion of science, the department will organize programs in private educational institutions, colleges, schools and engineering schools in all the districts of the state from February 28 to March 15.
- In these, competitions like demonstration on scientific explanation of miracles, recreational use of liquid nitrogen, science show, science exhibition, science painting competition, science essay, science quiz, science exhibition, science talk, slogan writing, debate will be organized.
- In the program, the poster of National Science Day programs to be organized in the entire state for the next 15 days was released.
- It is noteworthy that Nobel laureate Sir CV Raman discovered the Raman effect on February 28, 1928, this day is celebrated as National Science Day.
- This year's theme is 'Global Science for Global Well Being'.
- Kailash Mishra said that on National Science Day, selfie points have been installed by the department at major places in the entire city of Jaipur. This innovation has been done by the department so that people can relate to the concepts of science and can be made aware beyond superstitions.
- In the programme, Professor Rishi Kumar Singhal, Head of the Department of Physics, University of Rajasthan, told that Sir CV Raman's research paper was published at the age of just 18 years. Seeing the ripples of the Sun's rays on the waves of the ocean, CV Raman thought that this is not an ordinary phenomenon, but an important phenomenon of science and he got involved in the study of the scattering of light.
- He invented the spectrometer at a cost of just Rs 200 and through spectroscopy, the Raman effect awarded him the Nobel Prize.
- The winners of National Science Symposium-2022, National Science Drama Competition-2022, West India Science Fair 2022-23, National Children's Science Congress 2022-23 were awarded at the event.