MoU to Promote Natural Farming
- 27 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 26, 2022, an MoU was signed between Madhya Pradesh Department of Farmers Welfare and Agriculture Development and National Coalition for Natural Farming (NCNF) to further promote natural farming.
- Under the MoU, NCNF along with 23 like-minded partner organizations will play an important role in promoting natural farming in the state and benefiting the farmers.
- For natural farming, NCNF will support nature positive agriculture and nature based solutions. Apart from this, strong participation will also be done at the level of policy and implementation with the government.
- It is worth mentioning that continuous work is being done to promote natural farming in the state. 40 thousand farmers of the state have been trained in adopting natural farming, organic production, getting fair price, preparing bio-pesticides for Jeevamrut, Beejamrut, cow dung, vermicompost and diseases and pests.
- Natural farming will help in improving the health of the people and maintain the fertility of the land. Efforts are being made to work better in the field of natural farming in the state for the prevention of anthropogenic diseases that are getting destroyed due to continuous use of chemical fertilizers, the fertility of the land is getting destroyed.
- By increasing the area of natural farming, the government is working continuously to increase the income of the farmers progressively while reducing the cost of cultivation.