MoU between Tata Steel and Jharkhand Badminton Association
- 28 Jan 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Amidst the growing popularity of badminton sport in Jharkhand recently, with every household taking up badminton as a hobby or profession, Tata Steel and Jharkhand Badminton Association have jointly signed an MoU to promote badminton in the state.
- This MoU will pave the way for settlement of all pending litigation and settlement between Tata Steel and Jharkhand Badminton Association.
- The Tata Steel Sports Division Badminton Development and Advisory Committee has been constituted to take this initiative forward. The committee will work to develop badminton as a sport at Tata Steel's Badminton Training Center and Mohan Ahuja Badminton Stadium.
- This also includes providing best-in-class infrastructure for training and organizing district, state, national and international badminton tournaments.
- It is to be known that badminton is the most played sport in the world after football. Its popularity in the city has increased manifold.