Most Improved State in Environment Award
- 06 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Chhattisgarh has been awarded the first prize in the Most Improved State in Environment category at the India Today State of States 2021 Conclave on December 5, 2021. India Today Senior Associate Editor Rahul Noronha handed over the award to Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel.
- According to the report published by India Today, the state of Chhattisgarh is ranked first in the year 2021, being 17th in the year 2018, 6th in the year 2019 and second in the year 2020.
- Similarly, according to the India State of the Forest report, there has been an increase in the forest area of the state. This is a major achievement of the work done by the state government towards environmental protection under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel.
- To check the air quality in the atmosphere, 18 air quality stations have been set up by the Chhattisgarh government.
- Micro action plans have been prepared under the National Clean Air Program in three major municipal corporations most affected by air pollution - Raipur, Bhilai, Korba.
- About 6 million people live in urban areas out of Chhattisgarh's population of 28.8 million. About one thousand 650 tonnes of solid waste is collected daily from urban areas. The Mission Clean City program is being run by the state government in the entire state.