Switch To Hindi
Chhattisgarh's First Makhana Processing Center
- 06 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On December 5, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel virtual launched the first Makhana Processing Center of Chhattisgarh 'Makhana Farming, Processing and Marketing Center' in village Lingadih of Arang development block of Raipur district in the transfer program of Godhan Nyay Yojana.
- The Chief Minister released an amount of Rs 50 lakh for the smooth operation of 'Godhan Nyay Mission' in the amount transfer program of Godhan Nyay Yojana.
- On this occasion, he launched the Makhana produced in this farm under the brand name 'Dauji' in the name of Late Krishna Kumar Chandrakar Dau Ji, who started Makhana cultivation at Ojas Farm, Lingadih.
- Free technical information for Makhana cultivation, periodic visits to Makhana field and training of farming are given to the farmers by the 'Makhana Farming, Processing and Marketing Center' of Lingadih.
- Along with the availability of Makhana seeds for the farmers, the purchase of Makhana is also done by this center.
- Along with the pond, cultivation of makhana can be done in one to one and a half feet deep field. A net profit of about 70 thousand rupees per acre can be earned from the cultivation of Makhana.
- Makhana, associated with the identity of Mithila region of Bihar, is being cultivated in a very limited area of Raipur, Dhamtari and Mahasamund of Chhattisgarh.