Model of Earthquake Resistant Building Will be Built in Every District
- 05 Nov 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On November 3, 2021, Disaster Management and Rehabilitation Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat instructed to prepare a proposal to construct one earthquake resistant building each in the form of a model in every district of the state in the review meeting of the department at DMMC auditorium located in the secretariat.
- In view of the sensitivity of the disaster in the state, the following decisions were taken by the Disaster Management Department-
- With the preparation of models of earthquake resistant buildings in every district, people at the local level will be able to prepare their buildings according to the model.
- The masons across the state will be given training to build earthquake resistant houses through specialist institutes at the district level.
- Awareness conferences will also be organized at the district level of Mahila and Yuvak Mangal parties.
- From the next financial year, the budget of the State Disaster Response Fund will be increased five times to 200 crores.
- Apart from this, according to the information given by the department, a proposal has been sent to the Central Government for the establishment of Gairsain Chamoli, a disaster management and research institute in the state.