Mission Nand Baba
- 07 Jun 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
According to information received from the media on 6 June 2023, with the aim to increase the income of milk-producing farmers of Uttar Pradesh and ensure the facility of selling milk at a reasonable price in villages through dairy co-operatives, the Cabinet Minister, Livestock and Dairy Development Department, Dharampal Singh unveiled the logo of 'Mission Nand Baba'.
- Under 'Mission Nand Baba', efforts will be made to increase the income of milk-producing farmers in Uttar Pradesh. For this, the state government will spend Rs 1000 crore in the next five years on Nand Baba Milk Scheme.
- Under this mission, milk producers in villages will provide milk products in their villages through dairy co-operatives.
- The milk trade is an additional source of income in rural areas. Under this mission, there is a plan to set up five Dairy Farmer Producer Organizations in five districts as a pilot project in the financial year 2023-24, in which women will be given an important role.
- Under this mission, farmers will be given incentives from the government for subsidies in the purchase of indigenous cows of advanced breeds. Grants will also be given to those who make fodder and animal feed for cows.
- Committees have been formed under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary at the state level and DM at the district level to ensure that the work of Mission Nand Baba runs properly. Through the mission, the government will also create a database of cow breeders in the entire state.
- Additional Chief Secretary of Livestock and Dairy Development Rajneesh Dubey said that there is immense potential for investment in new industries within the dairy sector in the state. For this, the government has made the Uttar Pradesh Dairy Development & Milk Products Promotion Policy- 2022. This policy will be aligned with Mission Nand Baba.
- This mission will help in the annual growth of more than 25 percent in the field of milk production.