Medical Colleges Based on PPP Model
- 06 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On August 5, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Medical Education Minister Vishwas Kailash Sarang in a review meeting held to start medical colleges based on PPP model in the state decided to set up medical colleges in 5 districts of the state in the first phase.
- In the first phase, it was decided to start medical colleges at Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Balaghat and Katni on PPP model.
- Minister Sarang directed that the medical college will be set up by a PPP partner on the DBFOT (Design, Built, Finance, Operate and Transfer) model. This will include the private investor bearing the expenses of medical colleges, hostels, residential complexes, equipment's, books and journals etc.
- Land will be provided by the state government on lease of 99 years (60 years + 39 years) to a private investor for the establishment of a medical college. Apart from this, a 300-bed hospital building will also be provided by the state government to private investors.
- In the meeting, it was decided that the medical college would be constructed at his own expense by the private investor on the land provided and it would be operated and maintained by him.
- In PPP model based hospitals, Ayushman patients as well as economically weaker patients will be able to get free treatment. At the same time, non-Ayushman patients will be able to get treatment at market rate.
- It may be mentioned that as per the policy of the Government of India to set up a medical college on PPP model, a PPP based medical college will be set up for admission of 100 MBBS seats by converting the existing medical college of the state government into a training hospital.