Many Important Decisions Taken in Rajasthan Cabinet Meeting
- 25 Nov 2022
- 5 min read
Why In News?
In the meeting of the State Cabinet chaired by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on November 24, 2022, several important decisions were taken including giving more opportunities of promotion to the state personnel, promoting tourism of Rajasthan, amendment in Rajasthan Civil Service (Absorption of Ex-Servicemen) Rules, approval on the proposal of Rajasthan Homeless Upliftment and Rehabilitation Policy.
- In this meeting, the cabinet has approved Rajasthan Rural Tourism Scheme-2022. This scheme, prepared in the cradle of the budget announcement for the year 2022-23, will give a boost to rural tourism. With this, employment will be created in the villages and rural handicrafts will be protected by the establishment of tourism units such as rural guest houses, agricultural tourism units, camping sites, caravan parks to be established in rural areas. At the same time, domestic and foreign tourists will be able to get acquainted with the rural culture of Rajasthan.
- Under the scheme, the provisions of setting up and operation of rural tourism units will allow units on a minimum of 1000 square meters on a 15 feet wide road and a maximum of 2 hectares of agricultural land. These units will not require land conversion and building plan approval. These include 100 percent exemption in stamp duty.
- The Cabinet approved the 'Rajasthan Homeless Upliftment and Rehabilitation Policy-2022'. Under this policy, provisions have been made to provide roof with minimum space of 50 square feet per person, proper privacy and security to special category people like women, mentally challenged and sick. Apart from this, there are various provisions in the policy including providing basic necessities like drinking water, medical facilities, adequate fire safety measures and operating shelter homes for homeless persons. With this decision, education, skills and employment will be provided to the homeless and empowered.
- In the meeting, the Cabinet also took a major decision to amend the Rajasthan Civil Services (Absorption of Ex-Servicemen) Rules, 1988. This will provide horizontal category-wise reservation to ex-servicemen in state recruitments . The amendment will also provide proportionate representation to SC/ST ex-servicemen in direct recruitments as a whole. Apart from this, proper representation of general candidates of backward classes (other than ex-servicemen) will also be ensured from the posts reserved for backward classes.
- It is noteworthy that after recruitment in the existing recruitment rules of ex-servicemen, they are adjusted in the category related to them. This system is reducing the selection of SC/ST ex-servicemen due to adjustment of ex-servicemen in their category. Also, due to the reservation fixed for ex-servicemen, the selected candidates are adjusted in their category, due to which such candidates of backward classes, who are not ex-servicemen, are also not being properly represented in some recruitments.
- In the cabinet meeting, Schedule-1 of the Rajasthan Computer State and Subordinate Services Rules, 1992 was amended. According to this, the existing provision of 50 percent direct recruitment and 50 percent promotion for appointment to the post of programmer can be amended to 40 percent direct recruitment and 60 percent promotion. This will give more promotion opportunities to the serving personnel.
- The Cabinet approved amendments to the Rajasthan Commercial Tax Subordinate Services (General Branch) Rules, 1975. Under this, the quota of promotion from tax assistant to junior commercial tax officer has been increased from 37.5 percent to 87.5 percent. With this decision, the personnel working on the post of tax assistant will get the benefit of promotion.
- The Cabinet has approved the proposal to amend the Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017. Under this amendment, the creation of a new post of Joint Director in Rajasthan Prosecution Service, pay-level L-20 to L-21 for the post of Additional Director in Rajasthan Prosecution Service and new post of Chief Superintendent in Rajasthan Motor Garage Service (Pay Level L-17) will be created. This will provide an opportunity of additional promotion to the officers of Rajasthan Prosecution Service and Rajasthan Motor Garage Service.