Mahatma Phule Samta Award
- 29 Nov 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On November 28, 2021, on the occasion of Mahatma Phule's 131st death anniversary (Samata Divas), Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel was honored with 'Mahatma Phule Samta Puraskar' at a function organized at Mahatma Phule Memorial Samta Bhoomi, Pune.
- In this function organized by All India Mahatma Phule Samta Parishad, National President of the Council Chhagan Bhujbal honored Chief Minister Baghel with a Phule turban, honorary shawl, Samman Nidhi and memento.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel was awarded this year's Mahatma Phule Samta Award for his extraordinary decisions and important works towards providing justice to the deprived sections of the society during his tenure.
- A copy of Jyotiba Phule's book 'Kisan Ka Koda' was also presented to the Chief Minister at the award ceremony.
- On the occasion of Samta Diwas, All India Mahatma Phule Samta Parishad presents 'Mahatma Phule Samta Puraskar' to celebrities for their remarkable contribution in various fields including politics, literature and journalism.