Madhya Pradesh Ranked First in the Country for Maximum Blood Donation
- 03 Oct 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On October 1, 2022, Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya honored Madhya Pradesh with the award for securing the first position in the country in the Blood Donation Amrit Mahotsav in New Delhi.
- State Health Director Anurag Choudhary received this award and informed that Madhya Pradesh stood first in the whole country by donating proportionately maximum blood till October 1 on the last day of Blood Donation Amrit Mahotsav which started from September 17 across the country.
- On the first day of the state on September 17, 31 thousand 514 blood donors donated blood and made a new record in the Amrit Mahotsav. During the entire campaign period, 36 thousand 658 blood donors donated blood in a total of 903 camps.
- Blood donation camps were organized by conducting a special blood donation campaign in the Blood Donation Amrit Mahotsav. On the very first day of the campaign, blood donation camps were organized in all the districts of the state in collaboration with voluntary organizations, NGOs, Red Cross Society, Akhil Bharatiya Terapanth Yuvak Parishad, University and educational institutions.
- Special programs - workshops, rallies, street plays and blood donation camps - were organized by the blood centers of all the districts to increase awareness about blood donation at block and village level. A large number of voluntary organizations and dignitaries participated in these camps along with public representatives and administrative officials of the districts.
- In the Maha-Abhiyan, citizens interested in voluntarily donating blood were also registered so that someone close to them could get blood from the registered blood donor if they need blood.
- Madhya Pradesh has secured the first position in the country in the Blood Donation Amrit Mahotsav organized by the Union Health Ministry from September 17 to October 1, 2022, on the birth anniversary of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.