Launch of Evaluation and Impact Assessment Center at AGPA, Bhopal
- 14 Sep 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On September 12, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan virtually inaugurated the Evaluation and Impact Assessment Center established at AGPA (Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Good Governance and Policy Analysis, Bhopal) and SDG progress report published by State NITI Aayog Madhya Pradesh- Released 2023.
- It is noteworthy that a three-day (11 to 13 September) conference and workshop was organized at Kushabhau Thackeray Auditorium in Bhopal, in which many economists, researchers and representatives of development related organizations are participating.
- The major parts of the conference included the establishment of an evaluation and impact assessment center at the Institute of Good Governance, a workshop on child and gender budgeting, and a capacity building program to strengthen the statistical system. These joint efforts will be helpful in strengthening the data delivery system of the state.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that this center will see the impact of government policies and the changes coming in the lives of the people. Through this, the effects of government schemes, projects and programs will be assessed.
- The Chief Minister said that research, survey and data prepared scientifically is useful. It is the foundation of good governance and helps in public welfare. Solid statistical data based on research maintains the pace of development.
- The Chief Minister virtually addressed the workshop organized in collaboration with NITI Aayog of the Central Government on the utility of N-DAP i.e. National Data Analytics Platform.
- He said that N-DAP is a special initiative of NITI Aayog to improve access and use of government data. The platform collects and hosts datasets from India's vast statistical infrastructure. It has been developed between the years 2020 to 2022.
- Madhya Pradesh Data and Analytics Platform (MP-DAP) will be considered to be developed as an aggregator platform using N-DAP. This conference has become an important medium for organizing workshops on the usefulness of N-DAP and its use.