Chief Minister Inaugurated the World's First Heritage River Front
- 14 Sep 2023
- 5 min read
Why In News?
On September 12, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the world's first Heritage Chambal River Front in Kota city of the state.
- Chambal River Front is the first heritage river front developed in India, this will increase the traffic of domestic and foreign tourists in Kota.
- Chambal River Front has been developed at a cost of Rs 1400 crore on both banks of Chambal River over a length of 2.75 km from Kota Barrage to Nayapura Pulia in Kota city. With its construction, all the settlements situated on the banks of Chambal river have become free from floods.
- 27 ghats have been constructed on both banks of the riverfront, which include Chambal Mata Ghat, Ganesh Pol, Maru Ghat, Jantar-Mantar Ghat, Vishwa Maitri Ghat, Hadoti Ghat, Mahatma Gandhi Setu, Kanak Mahal, Fountain Ghat, Theater Ghat, Sahitya Ghat, Utsav Ghat are included. Also, Singh Ghat, Nayapura Garden, Jawahar Ghat, Geeta Ghat, Shanti Ghat, Nandi Ghat, Vedic Ghat, Roshan Ghat, Ghanti Ghat, Tiranga Ghat, Shaurya Ghat, Rajputana Ghat, Jugnu Ghat, Hathi Ghat and Balaji Ghat are included.
- Jawahar Ghat: Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru's face mask made of gunmetal has been installed on this ghat, which is 32 feet high and weighs 25 tonnes. Tourists can climb to the eye level of the statue and view the ghats of the eastern coast and the statue of Chambal Mata.
- Geeta Ghat: In Geeta Ghat, all the 700 verses of the entire 18 chapters of Geeta are engraved on the Vietnamese marble plaque.
- Shanti Ghat: An invisible sculpture in yoga posture has been installed on this ghat, in which the seven chakras of the human body are depicted.
- Nandi Ghat: A 25 feet long, 15 feet wide and 20 feet high (maximum height) statue of Nandi has been installed on this ghat.
- Vedic Ghat: This ghat has 5 temples built in Badoli style, depicting the five elements.
- Roshan Ghat: This ghat depicts the architecture of Islamic phase. Jannati Darwaza has been constructed in its middle.
- Ghanti Ghat: The world's largest metal bell has been installed in it.
- Tiranga Ghat: A huge national flag of India has been installed on this ghat.
- Shaurya Ghat: This is the entrance to the western end. Arrangements for huge parking, information center for tourists, restaurants etc. have been made in this square.
- Rajputana Ghat: In this Ghat, replicas of various buildings of different regions of Rajasthan like Mewar, Marwar, Dhundhaar, Bangar, Hadoti region have been made, like Poddar Haveli, Jagmandir, Jagnivas, Gangauri Ghat, Hawa Mahal, Ganeshpol, Sargasuli, Vijay Pillar, Brahma Temple, Ranakpur, Patwa Haveli etc. have been constructed.
- Jugnu Ghat: LED Flora and Fauna has been constructed in this Ghat. An open theater has also been constructed in it.
- Hathi Ghat: White marble elephants have been installed on natural rocks.
- Balaji Ghat: Batak Balaji temple has been constructed on this ghat and the heritage of the historical temples built earlier has also been preserved.
- The Chambal River Front developed in Kota is a unique example of architecture in the country. Along with development, works like tourism, employment, environmental protection and beautification of the river have been done.
- A 225 feet high marble statue of Chambal Mata has also been installed here.
- The world's largest gun metal mask of Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru was built at Jawahar Ghat on the Chambal River Front. Besides, the world's largest Nandi is also built here.
- Similarly, statues of 10 incarnations have been installed in a garden and a higher gate has been made from the Buland Darwaza. The architecture and culture of 9 regions of Rajasthan has been depicted at Rajputana Ghat.
- Mukut Mahal has an 80 feet high ceiling and Silicon Valley is also located here.
- The world's largest bell has been made at Brahma Ghat, whose sound can be heard up to 8 km away.
- Books and statues of famous writers have also been installed at the Literary Ghat.