25 lakh Cattle Farmers will get a Grant for Artificial Insemination of Animals.
- 19 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On September 18, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved giving grants to the extent of 50 percent or Rs 500 to 25 lakh cattle farmers of the state for getting artificial insemination done for each animal (Cow/Buffalo). With this approval of the Chief Minister, cattle farmers will be able to get animals of advanced breed.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister has also given in-principal approval for a budget provision of Rs 36.65 crore for carrying out 5 lakh artificial insemination in the year 2023-24.
- It is proposed to do 5 lakh artificial insemination with sex sorted semen in the year 2023-24 by the Animal Husbandry Department.
- It is known that the price per dose is currently fixed at Rs 675 by the Government of India. Thus, in-principal approval of Rs 33.75 crore has been given for purchasing 5 lakh doses and Rs 2.90 crore for other resources.
- The Chief Minister has approved giving a grant of Rs 335 per artificial insemination and taking Rs 340 from animal farmers or giving a grant in the limit of 50 percent or Rs 500 per insemination. This will put a burden of Rs 16.75 crore on the state government in the year 2023-23.
- It is noteworthy that the Chief Minister had made an announcement in this regard in the budget year 2023-24.