Ladli Behna will get Domestic Gas Connection and Gas Cylinder Refill for Rs 450.
- 15 Sep 2023
- 8 min read
Why In News?
On September 13, 2023, the Madhya Pradesh State Government issued an order regarding providing gas cylinder refill at Rs 450 from September 1, 2023 to those Laadli sisters registered under 'Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Yojana' who have domestic gas connections in their own names. Issuance has determined the process.
- All consumers having gas connections under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana and those Laadli Behna registered under Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Yojana in non-Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana category, who have domestic gas connections in their own names, will be eligible for this.
- The grant amount for gas cylinder refill will be payable to eligible connection holders from September 1, 2023. The outstanding amount will be deposited in the accounts of eligible Ladli Behna.
- grant amount
- Eligible consumers will get subsidy on maximum one refill per month.
- Eligible consumers will have to purchase refill from the oil company at the prescribed retail selling rate.
- After reducing the entire grant given by the Government of India and the retail selling rate (Rs. 450) determined by the State Government, the remaining amount will be transferred to the Aadhaar linked bank account of the eligible consumers in the form of State Grant.
- If there is a change in the retail selling rate of domestic LPG refill, the state subsidy will also change.
- Such sisters, who already have gas connections, will be registered on the portal of Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Yojana. Such sisters can also be beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The registration work will be done at all those centers where registration of Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Yojana is done.
- Gas connection consumer number and LPG connection ID will be required for registration. Registration of Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Yojana: The work of identification of beneficiaries under the ID scheme will also be done by the government on the basis of data received from all the oil companies.
- Information about beneficiaries automatically registered by the government will be displayed on the portal from September 25, 2023 and will be updated from time to time.
- How will the grant be calculated?
- For the connection holders of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the oil company will make available to the department every month the data of gas connection numbers of the consumers having connections of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana and the refill received by them on a monthly basis.
- The department will calculate the grant payable for providing refill to the consumers receiving gas refill for an amount of Rs 450. After calculating the grant amount, the total amount will be paid by the department into the bank account of the concerned oil company.
- The subsidy amount will be paid by the oil company into the consumer's Aadhaar linked bank account. Beneficiary wise grant payment information will be made available to the department by the oil company.
- The grant amount will also be transferred through the same process to the consumers having connections of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana who refill gas cylinders from July 4, 2023 to August 3, 2023.
- For non-Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana connection holders, ID data of Ladli Behna registered under Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Yojana, having domestic gas connections under Non-Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, will be made available to the oil company.
- The data of gas connections released by the oil company under the non-Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana will be matched with the data of Ladli Bahna registered under the Mukhyamantri Ladli Behna Yojana and information about their gas connection number, refill received and the amount paid by the oil company will be made available to the department. The grant payable will be calculated by the department based on the above data.
- The department will pay the amount of subsidy payable by the department to the non-PMUY gas connection holders registered under Ladli Brahmin Yojana on getting refill in their Aadhaar linked bank accounts. This arrangement can be changed as per requirement.
- Under the non-Prime Minister Ujjwala Scheme for refilling gas cylinders from July 4, 2023 to August 3, 2023, the grant amount will also be transferred to the Ladli Behna registered under the Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Yojana, having domestic gas connections, through the same process.
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism
- An online application will be created by the department to register and resolve the difficulties and problems faced in payment of state grant to the eligible beneficiaries under the scheme.
- Arrangements will be made by the department to resolve the complaints received on this application.
- state level monitoring
- Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department will be the nodal department for the implementation of the scheme. The scheme will be monitored at the field level by the departmental staff under the direction of the Collector. For monitoring at the state level, a committee will be formed under the chairmanship of the Principal Secretary, Food, in which oil company officials will also be included.
- In the work of registration of beneficiaries, cooperation of the staff of Panchayat and Rural Development Department and Urban Administration and Development Department will be obtained.
- Information about the arrangement for providing refill for Rs 450 to consumers having gas connections will be given through various mediums at every level. Information about grants payable to eligible beneficiaries will be displayed at every gas agency, local bodies and fair price shops.
- Based on the database received from the oil company, the grant will be paid to the eligible beneficiaries as per the described procedure, even if they have not been registered separately. Discrepancy in the beneficiary database, if any, will be resolved appropriately and the grant will be paid to the eligible beneficiary.