Famous Medical Research Journal ‘The Lancet’ will now be Published in Hindi in Madhya Pradesh.
- 15 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On the occasion of Hindi Diwas on September 14, 2023, Medical Education Minister of Madhya Pradesh Vishwas Kailash Sarang announced that the world famous medical journal ‘The Lancet’ will soon be published in Hindi also.
- On this occasion, Medical Education Minister Sarang along with Fiona Makelew, Deputy Publishing Head of 'The Lancet' and Shankar Kaul, Head of Elsevier Publications India, told that 'Hindi Chikitsa Cell Mandar' is the journal which is doing the work of transliterating the English books of MBBS into Hindi. Will edit the Hindi translation work.
- For this, an authorized MOU will be signed soon, which will be for the next three years (2024-27), the proceedings of which are in progress.
- It is known that 'The Lancet' is the world's most prominent and most influential research journal.
- As a result of the discussions held over the past several days regarding the Hindi translation of this journal, now the Medical Education Department of Madhya Pradesh and 'The Lancet' - Regional Health South East Asia will also translate it into Hindi language.
- ‘The Lancet’ is published in English as well as Spanish and Portuguese. Now Hindi will be the fourth language of the world in which it will be published.
- With the availability of 'The Lancet'- Regional Health South East Asia Journal in Hindi, medical students and doctors will be able to get research content in the local language in the field of research.
- The work of transliteration of this journal will be done by the doctors of Hindi Cell Medical Education Department.
- It is noteworthy that the Medical Education Department of Madhya Pradesh has started medical education in Hindi for the first time in the country.