Jail Department Employees will get Posting on Higher Vacant Post
- 21 Jan 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On January 20, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Jail and Home Minister Dr. Narottam Mishra said that like the Police Department, the Jail Department would also be posted as caretaker on the higher vacant post on the basis of eligibility and seniority. Notification in this regard has been published in the Gazette of Madhya Pradesh.
- On getting the charge of a higher post, the caretaker officer will be able to exercise the rights by wearing a uniform, but he will get the salary and allowances of the original post only.
- In the Jail Department, orders will be issued to post the sentinel as the in-charge Chief Sentinel, the Chief Sentinel as the in-charge Chief Chief Sentinel, the Chief Chief Sentinel as the in-charge Assistant Superintendent Jail. Apart from this, orders will be issued to post Assistant Superintendent Jail as in-charge Deputy Superintendent Jail and Deputy Superintendent Jail as in-charge Superintendent District Jail.
- In this, orders of gazetted officers will be issued at the state government level and orders of non-gazetted officers and employees will be issued from the level of Director General Jail.
- A Government servant acting as in-charge on a higher post shall not have any claim on seniority or on the pay of such higher post grade. Can exercise ex-officio powers and wear uniform according to the post.