'International Gita Mahotsav' to be the Theme of Haryana Tableau for Republic Day celebrations
- 23 Jan 2023
- 5 min read
Why in News?
On January 22, 2023, Director General, Information, Public Relations and Language Department, Haryana, Dr. Amit Agarwal said that for the second consecutive time, haryana's tableau has been selected by the Special Committee of the Ministry of Defense for the second consecutive performance in the Republic Day celebrations on January 26, whose theme is 'International Gita Mahotsav'.
- Dr. Amit Agarwal said that the process of selection of tableaux of states, union territories and ministries is started every year in the month of November by the expert committee constituted by the Ministry of Defense of the Government of India, in which all the states, union territories and ministries present their respective themes.
- The expert committee selects tableaux in a phased manner based on the relevance and usefulness of the theme. Last year also, haryana's sports achievements were presented to the country and the world in a powerful way through a tableau based on the theme of 'Number One Haryana in Sports'.
- Kurukshetra is known as one of the oldest pilgrimage sites in the world. Here the Vedas and Puranas were composed on the banks of the holy river Saraswati. About 5159 years ago, on the first day of the Mahabharata war, Lord Krishna gave the eternal message of Shrimad Bhagavad Gita to Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra, so Kurukshetra is identified as the birthplace of The Gita.
- Dr. Amit Agarwal said that the anniversary of the birth anniversary of the immortal message of Gita is celebrated as International Gita Mahotsav every year in Kurukshetra. The 18 day long International Gita Mahotsav aims to spread the global and inspiring message of Shrimad Bhagwat Gita and enlighten the world with the message of peace, harmony and universal brotherhood.
- He said that in the year 2018, the Haryana government decided to celebrate International Gita Mahotsav in other countries with the aim of spreading the eternal message of Gita in other parts of the world and in the year 2019, for the first time, International Gita Mahotsav was organized in Mauritius and London. In the year 2022, the International Gita Festival was also celebrated in Canada.
- Director General of Information, Public Relations and Language Department said that the message of Gita presented on the tableau of Haryana in the Republic Day parade is the biggest intellectual gift to mankind. This eternal message of karma is exemplary for the entire humanity.
- He said that in the tableau, Lord Krishna is shown serving as Arjuna's charioteer and giving him the knowledge of Gita. The first glimpse of the tableau offers a glimpse of spirituality, art and history.
- At the beginning of the tractor section there are visions of Lord Krishna's 'Virata Swaroop', as he displayed in front of Arjuna on the battlefield. In the statue displayed in the form of Virat, the 9 heads of Shri Vishnu are shown as Agni, Narsingh, Ganesh, Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, Ashwini Kumar, Hanuman and Parashurama respectively. Divine serpents are covered with heads covered. Shri Vishnu holds sword, Trident, Lotus, Sudarshan Chakra in the right hand and Conch, Barchha, Bow, Nag, Mace etc. in his left hand. The entire bottom is shaped by Sheshnag and the waves have been given a circular shape.
- A grand chariot with four horses has been built in the Kurukshetra battlefield at the rear in the trailer section. Chariots, horses and all elements are depicted with in-depth detail. The idols riding on the chariot of Arjuna and Sri Krishna have been made colourful, while the rest of the trailer is made in the same earthly shadow. From horses to chariots and even the dust of the ground, every single detail is clearly visible in the tableau. The pattern on the edges of the trailer depicts various scenes from the Mahabharata war.