HPPC Meeting Held Under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister
- 23 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On January 21, 2023, a meeting of the High Powered Purchasing Committee (HPPC) was held in Chandigarh under the chairmanship of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal, in which the purchase of goods worth more than Rs. 92 crore was approved by various departments.
- Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal informed that a total of 8 agendas of Irrigation, Police, Transport, Hartron, Haryana Power Generation Corporation Limited were placed in the meeting, out of which 5 agendas were approved.
- He said that about Rs. 3 crore has been saved by fixing rates after negotiations with various companies.
- The Chief Minister said that the proposal to install de-knox combustion codification system to reduce pollution in thermal power plants has been approved. Apart from this, approval has also been given today to increase internet connectivity in various departments, boards and corporations in Haryana.
- He informed that e-Bhoomi portal has been created for the requirement of land for government projects, which is proving to be very effective. On this portal, information about the land requirement for projects is filled by the government and farmers and aggregators offer their land.
- The land is being purchased with the consent of the land owners after negotiations. So far, about 1000 acres of land has been procured through this portal.