Inter-State Short Film Festival
Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic for CSE
- 05 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- The two-day Inter-State Short Film Festival organized under the aegis of Bhartiya Chitra Sadhna at Gwalior on October 4, 2021 concluded with the screening of several acclaimed short films.
- The closing ceremony was held at the Indian Institute of Tourism Management located in the city center of Gwalior.
- The themes of the two-day celebration included- India's Freedom Struggle, 75 Years of Independence, Unlock, Vocal for India's Local, Culture and Values, Innovation, Family, Environment and Energy and Education.
- The short film 'Dhuk Tara' on the theme of female foeticide was selected as the best film in the festival.
- Speaking on the occasion, Pahlaj Nihalini, former Chairman, Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) said that prevention of gender-based selective eradication is paramount. He said that selective eradication of unborn girls is still rampant in rural areas.
- It is noteworthy that Bhartiya Chitra Sadhna encourages films that promote the progress of Indian society with timeless philosophy, Indian values and modern development. For the convenience and promotion of such films and filmmakers, it has been organizing Chitra Bhartiya Film Festival since 2016 in various cities of India.