Important Decisions of the Meeting of the Council of Ministers of Madhya Pradesh
- 08 Feb 2023
- 4 min read
Why In News?
- On 7 February 2023, a meeting of the Council of Ministers was held in Mantralaya under the chairmanship of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, in which many important decisions were taken.
- It was decided by the Council of Ministers that due to the death of late R.S Rathore, Additional Director, Economic and Statistics on April 19, 2021, due to corona infection, his married daughter Shraddha Malvi, despite not being eligible, will be sent to the High Court on humanitarian grounds. Compassionate appointment should be given considering it as a special case in the sequence of the decision of Bench Indore.
- Along with this, in the provisions of the Compassionate Order issued by the General Administration Department on September 29, 2014, a policy decision was also taken by the Council of Ministers that both sons and daughters have equal rights for compassionate appointment, even if the daughters are married. The General Administration Department will make necessary amendments in the policy in this regard.
- A budget provision of Rs 150 crore has been made by the Council of Ministers in the Animal Husbandry and Dairy Department for the year 2022-23 under the 'Chief Minister Animal Husbandry Development Scheme'.
- Under the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, amendments have been made in the 'Chief Minister's Milk Cow Supply Programme', a component approved for special backward tribes included in the Chief Minister's Animal Husbandry Development Scheme approved by the Council of Ministers earlier. Now in this scheme, Saharia and Bharia special backward tribes along with Baiga tribe have also been included in the Mukhyamantri Milch Cattle Supply Program.
- In this program, along with the milch cow unit, the milch buffalo unit has also been included. In the context of including milch buffalo along with milch cow in this program, the name of the scheme was changed from 'Chief Minister Milch Cow Supply Program' to 'Chief Minister Milch Animal Supply Program for Special Backward Tribes'.
- The Cabinet approved the development of storage-based projects in the New and Renewable Energy Policy-2022 implemented in the state since last year. In this context, the Cabinet decided to implement pump hydro storage projects and edit the tender process.
- The decision will further ensure continuity of energy generated from renewable energy projects and benefit in grid stability. The proposed scheme for development of pump hydro projects in the state has been approved by the Department of New and Renewable Energy. The department was authorised to give clarifications.
- As per the recommendation of the Empowered Committee constituted by the Cabinet under the Chairmanship of The Chief Secretary, the total project expenditure for expansion, operation and establishment of new disaster recovery site at National Data Center Bhubaneswar and upgradation of existing hardware and software was approved at Rs.161.95 crore.