- 10 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On the occasion of Himalaya Day (September 9, 2021) a webinar was organized in Uttarakhand.
- In this webinar, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced an incentive amount for the purchase of private electric two wheelers and four wheelers to reduce vehicular air pollution in Uttarakhand, which will be provided by the Pollution Control Board.
- Under this an incentive of 10 percent of the value of the vehicle or Rs 7500 (whichever is less) will be payable for the first 5000 two wheelers that are being used personally while an incentive of 5 percent of the vehicle value or Rs 50000 (whichever is less) will be payable for 1,000 four wheelers.
- The incentive amount will be made available directly to the bank and financial institutions or dealer through DBT in the form of back-ended subsidy.
- Similarly, for the charging station to be set up for the charging of electric vehicles, all persons/institutions will be allowed, having sufficient space with the permission of the local municipal body.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister announced to start the 'Sunderlal Bahuguna Nature Conservation Award' in the memory of late Sunderlal Bahuguna, a renowned environmentalist.
- The book 'Himalaya Divas' by Himalaya United Mission (WE) was also released in the webinar.