Hari Singh Honored as Outstanding Artificial Insemination Specialist
- 28 Nov 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On November 26, 2022, on the occasion of National Milk Day, Dr. Sanjeev Balyan, Minister of State for Animal Husbandry, Government of India, awarded the second prize to Hari Singh Godara of Rajasthan's Ganganagar district for his excellent performance in artificial insemination work, in a program organized in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Minister of State for Animal Husbandry Sanjeev Balyan honored Hari Singh Godara with a cash prize of Rs. 3 lakh by wearing a shawl and a Kannada turban with a statue of cow and calf.
- It is worth noting that on National Milk Day, Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fisheries Department of the Government of India, under the 'National Gokul Mission' scheme, animal husbandry, artificial insemination workers and milk producer cooperative societies, who have excelled in the field of animal husbandry, were honored with 'Gopal Ratna Award'. Gone.
- Hari Singh Godara of Sanghar village, Suratgarh tehsil of Ganganagar district, Rajasthan, started his services as an artificial insemination in the year 2019 under the Sahiwal Pedigree Selection Project run by Gangmool Dairy.
- So far, more than 1800 calves/calves have been born due to artificial insemination done by Hari Singh in 3000 Sahiwal cows. Hari Singh Godara has been awarded as an outstanding artificial insemination agent by the Government of India for having a success rate of more than 60 percent. Gopal Rana of Odisha and Machepalli of Andhra Pradesh bagged the first and third positions respectively in this category.
- It is known that this award is given to the farmers every year in three groups [Best Dairy Farmer rearing indigenous cattle/buffalo breeds, Best Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT) Award, Best Dairy Cooperative/ Milk Producer Company / Dairy Farmer Producer Organization Award].
- This award is given for the first, second and third places. The first prize winner is Rs 5 lakh, while the second prize winner will get Rs 3 lakh and the third prize winner will get Rs 2 lakh.