Ghar Ghar Aushadhi Yojana
- 02 Aug 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On August 01, 2021, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched the 'Ghar-Ghar Aushadhi Yojana' and the 72nd Van Mahotsav under the 'Nirogi Rajasthan Campaign'.
- The Chief Minister launched the scheme by planting a medicinal plant of Giloy at his residence. Along with this, under the 72nd Van Mahotsav, the vehicle carrying Peepal and other plants was flagged off for planting in Bilaunchi village of Jaipur.
- On this occasion, the Minister of State for Forest presented the first kit of medicinal plants to the Chief Minister. The CM also released posters, brochures and booklets prepared for wide publicity of 'Ghar-Ghar Aushadhi Yojana'.
- Rajasthan is probably the first state, which has implemented such a unique scheme on a large scale to spread awareness about medicinal plants.
- It is noteworthy that under the scheme, with a view to protecting the health of the people of the state and for the protection and promotion of medicinal plants, kits of 8 plants of Tulsi, Giloy, Kalmegh and Ashwagandha with medicinal properties will be provided free of cost to each family by the Forest Department.
- It is worth mentioning that in order to make future generations aware of the importance and use of these medicinal plants to realize the resolve of healthy Rajasthan, it was announced to start 'Ghar Ghar Medicinal Scheme' in the budget of the year 2021-22.