G20 Countries Meeting to be held in Ranchi
- 01 Oct 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, a two-member team, including the Country's G-20 Director (Ministry of Home Affairs), interacted with Jharkhand DGP Neeraj Sinha at Ranchi Police Headquarters and informed that the next G-20 countries meeting will be held in Ranchi city of the state.
- Jharkhand DGP Neeraj Sinha said that the G-20 (Organization of Developing and Developed Countries of the World) meeting will be held in Ranchi on February 16-17 and March 16-17, 2023 .
- The venue of the meeting will be the Coal India Conference Hall in Ranchi. About 540 delegates from G-20 countries will participate in it.
- It is known that the G-20 meeting is currently going on in Indonesia. In India, the G-20 meeting is scheduled to be held in about 50 cities from December 2022 .
- This is the first time that such a meeting is going to be held in Jharkhand. Apart from India, China, Germany, France, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Representatives from South Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States will attend.
- During the two-day meeting in Ranchi, the representatives of the G-20 countries will be provided security here according to their security grade, for example, if someone has already got Z or Z+ level security, then he will be given the same security here. Appropriate security will be given. With this, the venue of the event will be completely transformed into a cantonment.