G-20 Group Meeting will be held in Chhattisgarh Next Year
- 10 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On December 9, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel tweeted that the fourth finance working group meeting of G-20 will be held in Chhattisgarh in September 2023.
- Significantly, after getting the responsibility of the G-20 group, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had talked about holding the grouping meeting in different states and states of the country, so that other countries of the grouping get acquainted with India's culture and folk art.
- The Prime Minister held a high-level meeting through video conferencing regarding preparations for India's chairmanship of the G-20, in which Union Home Minister Amit Shah, Union External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, Governor of Chhattisgarh Anusuiya Uikey, including Governors, Deputy Governors and Chief Ministers of all states joined in.
- Addressing the meeting, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said That India has got an excellent opportunity to chair the G-20. In this, all the states will get an opportunity to show their art, culture and their uniqueness.
- He said that more than one lakh important persons from G-20 countries will attend meetings, conferences in different states of the country. For this, all the states should also add some new programs on their behalf. State universities, school students, voluntary organizations should also be associated with G-20 programs.
- He said that the states should specially showcase the development work done by the women of their area.
- The 18th G-20 Summit, chaired by India, will be held in New Delhi in 2023. The conference will be held on the ideal of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam'. The Summit will be held in New Delhi on 09 and 10 September 2023 and there will be 215 meetings at a total of 56 locations in all states of India, including the state of Chhattisgarh.