Chhattisgarh will be honored on Universal Health Coverage Day
- 10 Dec 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On December 9, 2022, according to the information given by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department, Chhattisgarh will be honored in a program organized by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on December 10-11 in Banaras on the occasion of Universal Health Coverage Day.
- Significantly, the Government of India is honoring the states that have achieved 100 percent target in the operation of health and wellness centers. Chhattisgarh has made more centers functional than the target set for the operation of health and wellness centers by December 2022.
- Chhattisgarh had a target of upgrading a total of 4825 primary health centers, sub-health centers and urban health centers to operate as health and wellness centers. At present, 62 more i.e. 4887 centers are operating in the state than this target.
- Community Health Officers (CHO) have been appointed in sub-health centers health and wellness centers to provide universal primary health care and better health services to the people of the state.
- These centres include antenatal care and delivery, newborn health and immunization, family planning and reproductive health, National Health Programme and communicable diseases and non-communicable diseases screening and management, mental health screening and management, outpatient care and management for common diseases, eyes, nose and ears. Twelve types of health services such as general care of throat, oral health care, elderly health care and emergency care are being provided.
- Health and wellness centers also provide free check-ups for diseases like blood pressure, diabetes and cancer of people above 30 years of age. Their patients are also given free medicines and consultations as per the need.
- Along with treatment in health and wellness centers, people are encouraged to have a healthy lifestyle. Yoga and wellness activities are also being conducted through these centers to make people aware of health.
- Due to the treatment in these centers in the village itself, the crowd at the community health centers has reduced. Due to this, patients do not have to travel much distance for treatment. When a person shows symptoms of serious illness, he is informed in time so that he can get his treatment done on time.
- The Health Department is working towards making all the medicines needed available at the Health and Wellness Centers so that primary and regular treatment can be possible in the village itself.