Switch To Hindi
Four-Day Divisional Level Health Fair Started
- 24 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 23 March 2023, Rajasthan's Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Jully inaugurated the four-day divisional level health fair- Arogya Mela organised at the playground of Babu Shobharam Government Arts College, Alwar.
- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Jully said that fulfilling Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot's vision of a healthy Rajasthan, divisional level health fairs are being organised in the state.
- He informed that better medical facilities are being provided to the people of the state through the 'Chiranjeevi Yojana'. Under this scheme, a health cover of up to Rs 25 lakh has been kept for the general public. Along with this, the state government has implemented 'Right to Health' providing the right to health to the common man.
- District head Balbir Singh Chhillar said that steps like Arogya Mela to promote Ayurveda will increase people's faith in Ayurveda.
- Deputy Director of Ayurveda Department Rajendra Singh said that 179 medical officers, 179 compounders and nurses from all the districts of Jaipur division participated in the fair.
- On this occasion, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Jully inaugurated the green house medicinal plant exhibition at the divisional level health fair and shared information about various medicinal plants in the green house like Hadjod, Tulsi, Vasa, Harsingar, Ghrit Kumari, Amla, Anjeer, Arjun, Varun, Shigru, Giloy.
- 16 OPD stalls and 15 medical store stalls have been set up at the divisional level health fair, which include Homoeopathy medical consultation, Unani medicine, Agni Karma therapy, Shalya (Ksharsutra) therapy, Jaloka therapy, Panchakarma therapy, Geriatric therapy OPD.
- Specially stall of National Institute of Ayurveda Honorary University Jaipur was also set up in the fair, on which information about Ayurveda system was given through brochures and pamphlets.