Farmers of Haryana will Get Benefit
- 04 Jul 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On July 3, 2022, the Haryana government launched a special scheme for 7 districts of south Haryana. Farmers who adopt this scheme will be provided financial assistance at the rate of Rs 4,000 per acre.
- This new scheme has been launched by the Government to promote pulses and oilseeds crops under crop diversification.
- The scheme has been launched for seven districts of south Haryana, namely, Bhiwani, Charkhi Dadri, Mahendragarh, Rewari, Hisar and Nuh, including Jhajjar.
- The farmers of the state will be given this benefit for cultivation of pulses and oilseeds crops. The Government has decided to give a grant of Rs.4,000 per acre to the farmers growing these crops.
- Giving details of the scheme, an official spokesperson said that the Haryana government has taken this step to increase the income of farmers by reducing their cost.
- A target has been set to promote pulses and oilseeds crops in one lakh acres during Kharif Crop 2022 in the state .
- Under the scheme, pulses crops (Moong and Arhar) will be promoted to an area of 70,000 acres and oilseeds crops (Castor and Groundnut) to 30,000 acres. A farmer growing pulses and oilseeds will be provided financial assistance of Rs 4,000 per acre.
- The farmer availing the benefit of this scheme is required to register on the 'My Crop My Details' portal. The financial assistance will be transferred to the accounts of the farmers after verification of the crop.