Export Policy Uttar Pradesh 2020-25
- 26 Nov 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On November 25, 2021, the Council of Ministers under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has decided to promulgate the Export Policy Uttar Pradesh 2020-25. For the first time such a comprehensive export policy is being promulgated.
- The objective of this policy is to promote development and competition in the field of exports, to provide necessary export-related assistance and services to export ancillary institutions, to establish and develop technical and physical infrastructure to increase exports from the state. Apart from this, with the aim of promoting exports, to provide necessary support for the development of export potential of industries, to identify the opportunities available in the global market for products manufactured locally / in the country. To encourage capacity development by adopting best export practices.
- The focus areas of Export Policy Uttar Pradesh 2020-25 are Handicrafts, Agricultural and Processed Food Products, Engineering Goods and Textiles, Leather Products, Carpets and Rugs, Glass and Ceramic Products, Wood Products, Sports Goods, Defense Products, Services Sector, Education, Tourism, IT and ITeS, Medical Value Travels and Logistics.
- Under the Export Policy 2020-25, the expenditure on facilities and other ancillary activities to be provided to the eligible units will be kept within the limit of the amount provided in the budget.
- The development work of infrastructure facilities to be developed in cluster based Special Economic Zones in each district of the state will be funded from the funds provided for Uttar Pradesh Export Infrastructure Development Scheme.
- With the aim of doubling the income of farmers and promoting exports from the agriculture sector, Uttar Pradesh Export Promotion Policy 2020-25 will be able to adopt all those elements which are not covered by the Uttar Pradesh Agriculture Promotion Policy-2019.