Asia's Largest Airport
- 26 Nov 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On November 25, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Asia's largest Noida International Airport at Jewar in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh.
- This airport will be the world's fourth largest international airport and Uttar Pradesh's 5th international airport. It will be the second international airport after Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) in Delhi NCR.
- Noida Airport is being developed by Zurich Airport International.
- In the first phase, Noida Airport will be built on 1300 hectares of land at a cost of Rs 10,050 crore by the year 2024. Noida Airport will have a capacity of 12 million passengers when the first phase is completed.
- State of the art MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhauling) service will also be available at this airport. The airport has been designed in such a way that operating expenses will be kept low and the transfer process of passengers can be done expeditiously.
- Noida International Airport will be the country's first net zero emission airport in terms of environment. A forest park will be prepared by planting trees on the nearby land.