Early Cancer Detection Van
- 03 Aug 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On August 3, 2021, Rajasthan Medical and Health Minister Dr. Raghu Sharma launched the Early Cancer Detection (Preventive Oncology Mobile) Van.
- The van, which is connected online from the State Cancer Institute in Jaipur, will go to remote villages to test the patients and also provide the report at the same time.
- The van will have facilities for mammography machines, digital X-rays, colposcopy, pap smear, and video endoscopy for head and neck checks.
- The van, worth about Rs 1.25 crore, has been funded from the CSR of Rajasthan State Electricity Broadcasting Limited.
- He said there was no preventive oncology unit in Rajasthan so far. Tele consultancy facility will also be provided from this van. At the same time, research data on people's health will be available.