Drone Corridors to be built in Uttarakhand
- 06 Jun 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
- According to information received from the media on 5 June 2023, corridors will be built to promote drone operations in Uttarakhand. For this, the Information Technology Development Agency (ITDA) has sought proposals from drone operation & construction companies.
- ITDA Director Nitika Khandelwal said that a meeting of all stakeholders was held during the formulation of the drone policy recently. It has sought proposals from stakeholders, especially drone manufacturers and operators, for possible drone corridors.
- He said that after this proposal comes, it will be studied according to the aerial map of the state. The proposal will then be sent to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) through the Uttarakhand Civil Aviation Development Authority (UCADA).
- After getting permission from the DGCA, the corridors of drones in the state will be decided. The corridors that will be built for drone operations in all districts will be linked to each other. After this, the entire network of dedicated paths of drones will be prepared in the state. Action will also be taken against those who break the rule in the future.
- One of the motives behind creating a drone corridor is that it will create routes that do not disrupt air services. At the same time, being a border state, security will also be provided to all the restricted areas.
- It is known that at present there is no dedicated corridor of drone operation from Uttarkashi to Doon or other places in the state, due to which many drones have to travel long distances. This is likely to take longer and the drone's battery is also at risk of running out soon. With the construction of the drone corridor, the flight time will be reduced, its battery will also help in long-distance flight.
- In view of the rapid development in the field of drones, the Uttarakhand government is going to bring a drone policy soon. ITDA has sent its draft to the government. Under this, all provisions will be made from drone operations to the purchase of drones.