Dedicated Satellite Channel for Tribals
- 10 Aug 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently, the Jharkhand government has launched the first satellite TV channel 'Tribe TV' for the tribal communities in their own language.
- This channel will be broadcasted in the Santhali/Santali language.
- Santhali is one of the 22 languages notified in the Indian Constitution.
- After Santhali, Tribe TV will also be launched in other popular tribal languages like Mundari, Kurukh etc.
- Its headquarters will be at Raiganj, North Dinajpur in Bengal and it will be run by an organization named Kalyani Solvex.
- The focus of Tribe TV will be in Bengal, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Bihar as a large number of Santali tribes reside in these states.