CM Trophy India International Badminton Challenge-2022
- 21 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, the Chief Minister's Trophy India International Badminton Challenge-2022 started in Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh. The contest will continue till September 25.
- The entire tournament is being played at the Eye Sports Badminton Arena in Mowa, Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh.
- Along with India, 550 badminton players from Sri Lanka, Thailand, Canada, USA, Maldives, Mauritius, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, Japan, Uganda and Zambia have come to participate in this international level badminton event.
- The qualifying rounds are to be played on the first two days of this event, i.e. on 20 and 21 September. The main draws will be held from September 22 to September 25. Men's singles, men's doubles, women's singles, women's doubles and mixed doubles matches will be played during this period. The prize money in this competition has been kept at 15 thousand US dollars.
- It is worth mentioning that on the initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, an international match of badminton is being organized for the first time in Chhattisgarh. Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel is constantly trying to encourage sports in Chhattisgarh.
- For this, along with the construction of academy for various sports and increasing facilities in Chhattisgarh, initiatives are also being taken to organize sports in Chhattisgarh. In this episode, the Chief Minister's Trophy India International Badminton Challenge-2022 is being organized here.