Switch To Hindi
CM Transfers Rs 8.63 crore to Beneficiaries of Godhan Nyay Yojana
- 21 Feb 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On February 20, 2023, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released an amount of Rs 8.63 crore online to cattle rearing villagers, women groups associated with gauthans and gauthan committees under the Godhan Nyay Yojana through a virtual program held at his residence office .
- So far, Rs 412.19 crore has been paid to the beneficiaries of this scheme. With this, a total of 105 lakh 63 thousand quintals of cow dung has been purchased since the launch of this scheme. In lieu of this, an amount of Rs 211.25 crore has been provided so far after payment of Rs 4.76 crore to cow dung sellers .
- Out of the total amount being transferred, Rs 4.76 crore was paid for the purchase of cow dung. Out of this, an amount of Rs 2.06 crore has been paid by the Agriculture Department and an amount of Rs 2.70 crore has been paid by the self-reliant gauthans.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that a total of 10,732 gauthans have been sanctioned in the state, out of which 9,720 have been constructed and are operational , construction of remaining gauthans is going on rapidly.
- The Chief Minister said that in the last one year, the number of cattle farmers benefited from the Godhan Nyay Yojana has increased by 59 percent and the purchase of cow dung has increased by 85 percent. 3 lakh 28 thousand rural cattle rearers have benefited from the scheme.
- So far, 5064 gauthans have become self-relient in the state, who have started purchasing cow dung from their own deposited capital. So far, cow dung worth of Rs 43.19 crore has been purchased and paid by self-sufficient cow shelters.
- The Chief Minister said that 45 units have been approved in 21 districts for making paint from cow dung, out of which 13 units have been started. The remaining 32 units are being constructed at a rapid pace. So far, 30 thousand 218 liters of paint has been produced. Out of these, 14 thousand 358 liters of paint has been sold. This has earned an income of Rs 29,16,300.
- He said that cow urine is being procured in 99 gauthans. So far, 01 lakh 33 thousand 484 liters of cow urine has been procured. Its price is 05 lakh 37 thousand 936 rupees. So far, the income from the manufacture and sale of Brahmastra pest controller and Jivammrit growth enhancers from cow urine has been Rs 28,96,845 .
- It is noteworthy that under the Godhan Nyaya Yojana, the share of self-supporting Gauthans has been 60 to 70 percent in the amount being paid for the purchase of cow dung for the past several fortnights. In today's situation, more than 50 percent Gothans have become self-supporting, who along with the purchase of cow dung and cow urine from their own funds, are spending other expenses of the Gothans from their own capital.