Switch To Hindi
‘Chhattisgarh SDG District Progress Report’ and Online Monitoring Tool 'SDG Dashboard’
- 21 Feb 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On February 20, 2023, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released the 'Chhattisgarh SDG District Progress Report 2021' prepared by the State Planning Commission for monitoring sustainable development goals and also launched an online monitoring tool 'SDG Dashboard' in a virtual meeting held at his residence.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that the state of Chhattisgarh is committed to achieve the SDG target in a time-bound manner. The resolution of 'Antyodaya' is also included in the objectives of the 'Public Declaration' as per the SDG target.
- The Chief Minister said that 'Score' and 'Ranking' have been provided to each district in the 'Chhattisgarh SDG District Progress Report 2021' prepared by the State Planning Commission and 'SDG Dashboard' prepared for online monitoring.
- Score and Ranking will act as a guiding light for the districts to achieve the target set by 2030 and will also help all collectors to identify the areas identified as growth bottlenecks and take evidence-based decisions.
- This report and dashboard will enable each district and department to play a decisive role in ensuring multifaceted development of its stakeholders by identifying their local implementation commitment.
- All the District Collectors will ensure effective monitoring of related schemes and data collection and reporting system and ensure every effort to achieve the target set by 2030.
- Ajay Singh, Deputy Chairman of State Planning Commission said that the state government has constituted a 'District Level SDG Implementation and Monitoring Committee' under the chairmanship of the District Collector. The committee consists of convenor, chief executive officer, district panchayat and co-convenor, district planning and statistics officer.
- The report provides 'score' and 'ranking' to the districts based on the progress achieved in a total of 82 indicators related to social, economic, environmental and other aspects.
- Responsible departments and district level officials have been mapped for each SDG indicator, as well as schemes related to each target have also been identified.
- The districts are divided into four categories based on the 'score' earned by them - Achiever (100 points), Front Runner (65-99 points), Performer (50-64 points), Aspirant (less than 50 points) )
- According to the report, as of 2021, eight districts (Dhamtari, Rajnandgaon, Balod, Durg, Bemetara, Gariaband, Mahasamund and Raipur) Runner category and remaining are Performer category. Dhamtari District has secured the first rank by scoring 72 marks.
- Chief Secretary Amitabh Jain said that the development agenda of the state government is mainly intertwined with the SDGs. The reports and dashboards provide data-based evidence for appropriate decision-making by the concerned departments towards achieving the SDG goals.
- The District Collector and the District Planning and Statistics Officer have been informed about how the District Indicator Framework can be used to achieve the SDG goals. SDG related 'Hindi booklet' has also been issued for better dissemination at the district level.