Switch To Hindi
Chief Minister Single Women Empowerment Self Employment Scheme
- 09 Mar 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On March 7, 2023, Uttarakhand's Women Empowerment and Child Development Minister Rekha Arya said that the Chief Minister has announced 'Mukhyamantri Ekal Mahila Sashakt Swarozgar Yojana' to make single women self-reliant and empowered, to give them self-employment in the village itself.
- Women Empowerment and Child Development Minister Rekha Arya said that women from minimum 25 years to maximum 45 years will be eligible for ' Mukhyamantri Ekal Mahila Sashakt Swarozgar Yojana' and Uttarakhand native, permanent resident, single, widow, abandoned, divorced, Crime and acid victim's women will also be eligible for this scheme.
- The objective of this scheme is to strengthen the economic status of women and improve their standard of living by providing them social security. For this, a corpus fund of Rs 50 lakh has been created, which will be proposed in the Cabinet to increase it.
- Minister Rekha Arya said that the monthly income of the eligible woman should not exceed Rs 6000 per month. Apart from this, he should not be working in any organized service, non-government, government undertaking etc. They do not receive state, family pension. However, widows, disabled etc. women who get pension from welfare schemes will also be eligible for the scheme.
- Under the 'Mukhyamantri Ekal Mahila Sashakt Swarozgar Yojana', women will be given 50 percent subsidy on projects ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 2 lakh. Before the start of the project, 50 percent loan and 25 percent grant money will be given as the first instalment, while the repayment instalment of 50 percent loan will start three months after the start of work on the project.
- The Minister for Women Empowerment and Child Development informed that after successful repayment of 12 months, loans at the rate of one percent interest for 25 percent subsidy will be given in the form of second instalment.
- Single women can start horticulture, agriculture, poultry, sheep, goat, animal husbandry, fisheries, horticulture, fruit, food processing and other businesses for self-employment.