Cath Lab will open in All Medical Colleges of Uttarakhand
- 09 Mar 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On March 7, 2023, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced the setting up of Cath Labs in all government medical colleges of the state at a program organized at main Seva Sadan in Dehradun on Jan Aushadhi Diwas.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that complete arrangements for MRI and CT scan will be made in all the districts and medical colleges and hospitals of the state. With this, the shortage of technicians will be met.
- In the program, the Chief Minister felicitated Dr. Puneet Dhamija, who did excellent work in the field of Jan Aushadhi in 2022-23, Mukul Agarwal, who did excellent work as Jan Aushadhi Mitra, and Kusum Goyal, who did excellent work in the field of Jan Aushadhi Jyoti. awarded to.
- On this occasion, State Health Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat told that the government is giving assistance of five lakh rupees in all the Jan Aushadhi Kendra's being opened in the state. 225 Jan Aushadhi Kendra's have been opened and the state has yet achieved the target of opening 400 Jan Aushadhi Kendras.
- He informed that all 670 Nyay Panchayats opened in co-operative societies inone Jan Aushadhi Kendra will be of the state.
- The Chief Minister said that at present Jan Aushadhi Yojana has become a powerful medium of both service and employment. This scheme has benefited not only men but also women. There are more than one thousand Jan Aushadhi Kendra's across the country, which are run only by women. This scheme is also emphasizing the self-reliance of daughters.
- So far, 70 health and wellness centers have been established in the state with the help of the central government under the Ayushman Yojana. Along with all the services related to Yoga, Ayurveda, Panchakarma, facilities like lab testing and Jan-Aushadhi Kendra have also been added to these centers for the medical facilities of the general public.