Black Wheat will be Cultivated in Uttarkashi District
- 25 Oct 2023
- 1 min read
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on October 24, 2023, Uttarkashi District Magistrate Abhishek Ruhela motivated the farmers to join the cultivation of black wheat in Genwala village of Dunda block and distributed black wheat seeds.
- It has been started as a pilot project in the district to increase the income of farmers through black wheat which is about 3 times higher than normal wheat.
- Earlier, successful efforts were made to extend red paddy to the Ganga valley in the district.
- Significantly, the practice of black wheat cultivation has started in some selected parts of the country.
- Black wheat -
- Phosphorus is found in good quantity in black wheat, which helps in the formation of new tissues inside the body and also plays an important role in their maintenance.
- The nutrients present in black wheat such as protein, magnesium and iron increase the blood level in the human body and remove the lack of blood and control the level of oxygen.